Friday, January 6, 2012

The Tortellini Thing


I'm Italian, what does that mean? I guess it means a few things...

I spent my entire childhood thinking what I ate for lunch was pronounced 
sangwich

Our dogs understood Italian, and they still do!

We ate pasta for dinner at least 3 times a week.

I thought Catholicism was the only religion in the world.

I learned to play bocce before I went to school.

I grew up in a house with a yard that didn't have 1 patch of dirt that didn't have a flower or a vegetable growing from it


I can make a mean homemade lasagna.

Almost never have spaghetti sauce from a jar ( I say almost because after all I was born here, sometimes it is necessary to have sauce from a jar).

On occasion make my own pasta...

And the Italian cookies...no problem!! Especially pizzelles, except mine have a twist, I make different flavors not just anise.

BUT......the tortellini thing, just can't do it. Not sure why, I used to watch my mom make them all the time, and when I was in Italy, that was the highlight of my vacation, a great big bowl of tortellini in brodo (broth).








I made a promise to my cousin when we were there in April, that I would try to make tortellini, I haven't done it yet but today being my Friday Funday Review, and seeing as though we didn't go anywhere special or eat out anywhere spectacular this week, here goes nothing.......



My Cousin Fabio




Questo e per te Fabio


Start with the meat filling

Gotta make the pasta

The Finished Product!...I need a nap!



Not as pretty as my mom used to make, and probably not as tasty either. I will be sure to let you know what my family thinks after dinner tonight.


I know this...In My Life if you are scared to try and make something...do it anyway there's always takeout!!

2 comments:

  1. Just to let every know, the tortellini came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I made them once with my mom YEARS ago. Lots of work!!! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete