Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cleaning the House

I am no Martha Stewart nor do I ever want to be, I am a regular person with a full time job, a husband and 3 boys, do I want to spend my days off cleaning NO, do I want my boys to clean YES, but I also realize that I live on planet earth, and they won’t clean unless threatened.

I was thinking of some cleaning tips for regular people, these are especially good if you are cleaning before company….and may, at the very least give you a laugh
.

TIP 1: DUCT TAPE
No home should be without. Duct tape is handy for
plumbing repairs, hemming drapes, tablecloths,
clothes, just about anything, and now comes in great colors.
 
TIP 2: OVENS
If you think ovens are just for baking, think again. Ovens represent
at least 9 cubic feet of hidden storage space, which means they're a
great place to shove dirty dishes, dirty clothes, or just about
anything you want to get out of sight when company's coming.
 
TIP 3: CLOTHES DRYERS
Like Tip 2, except bigger.
 
TIP 4: DUST RUFFLES
No bed should be without one. Some beliveve that dust
ruffles exist to keep dust out from under a bed or to help coordinate
the colorful look of a bedroom. The rest of us know a dust ruffle's
highest and best use is to hide whatever you've managed to shove
under the bed.
 
TIP 5: DOOR LOCKS
If a room clearly can't be whipped into shape in 30 minutes, use the door locked method of cleaning.

TIP 6: DUSTING
Never dust under what you can dust around
 
TIP 7: DISHES
Don't use them. Use plastic or paper.

TIP 8: CLOTHES WASHING
This works when you have a teenager that won't or can't do laundry.
You can extend the life of your underwear….front, back, inside, and out
CAUTION: This tip is recommended only for teens and those who don't
care if they get in a car wreck.

TIP 9: IRONING
If an article of clothing doesn't require a full press and your hair
does, a curling iron is the answer. In between curling your hair, use
the hot wand to iron minor wrinkles out of your clothes.
CAUTION: You shouldn't be wearing the clothes at the time..
 
TIP 10: VACUUMING
Stick to the middle of the room, which is the only place people look.
Don't bother vacuuming under furniture. It takes way too long and no
one looks there anyway.
 
TIP 11: LIGHTING
The key here is low, low, and lower. It's not only romantic, but bad
lighting can hide a multitude of dirt.


Tip 12 Front Door
Ue a lemon scented spray on your door, your guests will smell the fresh lemon scent and think you've cleaned all day.

Tip 13 Cleaning Person
Pay someone else to clean your house and then you can relax.



I know this…In My Life, my house may not be spotless, but its also not a house it’s a home, and that is where my heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment