Friday, February 10, 2012

Is It Wrong To Put Hot Sauce On Popcorn?


After all the commercial says "I put that ?!@$ on everything" why not popcorn? I just need to get a mister so the hot sauce doesn't clump on 1 kernel.

Ketchup sandwiches. Peanut butter and Bologna. Scrambled eggs and grape jelly...We all have weird cravings and our favorite odd food combinations that we think are absolutely delicious but sound gross to other people,  I am a firm believer that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

Elvis enjoyed peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches. When I was in high school we often munched on pickles wrapped in American cheese, yum! I still on occasion will have that for a snack.

I asked Michael what food combination he enjoyed, but may be a little odd...his reply, fried clams and a chocolate frappe, I guess the frappe helps ease the grease from the fried clams??? At lease he's not dipping the clams in the frappe.
Speaking of dipping......

On occasion I enjoy getting a McDonald's chocolate shake and a large order of fries and dipping the fries in the chocolate shake, something about the sweetness of the shake and the salty fries that makes this sooooo good. I am not sure why it needs to be a McDonald's shake, but don't crave it unless it is.

Which weird foods do you eat that other people find utterly revolting?
Embarrassed to admit your favorite odd food combination? C'mon, it's cathartic!

I did some web surfing to see what other weird food combinations were out there, and which ones I may be willing to try...here's what I found

Mashed potatoes and noodles with gravy. -I guess you could call this poor man perogies??

Gravy and biscuits with grape jelly.-This one doesn't appeal to me at all

Peanut butter and mayo sandwiches.- No thanks

Chocolate cake with pinto beans.- I make black bean brownies that are pretty good so I guess this is close?!?

Hollowed-out pickles filled with ranch dressing and cheese. - I could do this no problem

Garlic bread topped with peanut butter and spaghetti. Maybe a good hangover breakfast?

Peanut butter and cucumber sandwiches.

Eggs with Spam and white rice.- I don't think this is an odd combination, but I don't like Spam so I won't be trying this

Doritos dipped in cream cheese. Now this sounds good!

Popcorn and mustard.

Pancakes and ketchup.- Nope, not for me

Frito's and caramel sauce.- not so sure about this either, but I would be willing to give it a try....for the sake of science that is

Peanut butter and Cool Ranch Doritos sandwiches.

Peanut butter and ham sandwiches.

Uncooked pasta dipped in peanut butter.

Cream cheese with jam on toast. - I do this all the time

Chocolate chip cookies with cottage cheese.

Pickles and peanut butter.

If you have the chance to travel to another country, their food customs may make us cringe and vice versa. I know that in Italy they think peanut butter is disgusting, but wouldn't think twice about eating cows tongue. 

How about Haggis...no thanks!

Don't forget about traveling out West and having some Rocky Mountain Oysters, but yet here on the East coast we love to take a clam clean it up, and dip it in some melted butter.

If anyone has tried these combinations, or something new I would love to know about it, it's all about broadening my horizons.








I know this...In My Life I may try something new once in a while, but there is nothing wrong with sticking to the good ole favorites, thank you peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment