Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Raising 3 of them...


Raising Boys
                                                           Author: Roberta I. Teague

                                                          I scrub the wall of fingerprints,
                                                          Pick up the mounds of clothes.
                                                          I sweep the dirt that shoes track in-
                                                          Wish I could use a hose!
                                                          Meals are served from dawn to dark,
                                                          Dirty dishes crowd the sink.
                                                          Just when they’re washed and put away-
                                                          Everyone wants a drink!
                                                          The washer pulls the dirty grime
                                                          From pants worn thin and patched.
                                                          They look so very neat and clean-
                                                          Yuck, look what the pockets hatched!
                                                          Broken bones and bloody knees,
                                                          I should have been a nurse.
                                                          I take it all in shaky stride-
                                                         Just grateful it’s not worse!
                                                         Screams and shouts and arguments
                                                         Test the keeping of my cool.
                                                         They left the neighbor’s faucet on-
                                                         See their new front yard pool!
                                                         A soothing bath is ecstasy,
                                                         A reward at the end of my rope.
                                                         Raising boys isn’t really bad-
                                                         But first I must wash the soap!
                                                         A rose can say I Love You,
                                                         Orchids can enthrall;
                                                         But a weed bouquet in a chubby fist,
                                                         Oh my, that says it all!



What are you watching?



I can't give any advice on raising girls, I have 3 boys. I don't even think I can give advice on raising boys, each boy is very unique...this much I have learned. I can point out some facts about boys, and I think this will cover most boys.

Boys don't care if the house is messy. They make the messes.

When you're having a bad day, boys come up with creative ways to make you smile again - like picking flowering weeds and putting them in a coffee cup, or going in your room and grabbing a piece of your jewelry and gift wrapping it for you.

Boys will wear underwear more than one day if you don't get around to the laundry. Heck, they'll just go without if they have to.



Right Back At Ya!


If you ask a boy what he's thinking about and he says "Nothing," then that's probably true, but will turn around and recite a cartoon episode word for word that he saw 6 months ago.

Boys think nothing of stuffing socks in a sofa cushion, or under a chair so they do not have to carry them to the laundry basket, and that's because they have no idea what a laundry basket is.



Boys always say that the pants don't make your butt look big even if they do. They will also tell you that you look beautiful in the ugly dress you got on sale.

If you're having a really bad day, boys will suggest that you watch "Star Wars" on DVD and they  might make you popcorn, if they haven't already eaten you out of house and home.

Boys will show you affection as long as its not in public and no one else can see.





Ask 3 boys what they would like for dinner, you will always get 3 different answers, and 3 different arguments about why they hate what the others suggested, even though yesterday it was their favorite.

I tried to teach my boys about OHIO (only handle it once) when picking up. They  insist OHIO is a state and not a meaning. So.....

We talked about driving through Ohio...their answer...no we drove through Cleveland....which is in Ohio....only handle it once......I give up!

No matter how old they are, when they are not feeling well, they don't want dad, they want mom.





I have pointed out before that when I meet new people and they realize I have 3 boys, it is almost always followed by God bless you. Yes I am very blessed, but the older they get and the older I get I have come to realize I need a girls only room. So I had a great idea of taking my walk in closet and figuring out a way to re-organize it so I can fit a chaise lounge chair in there and have a small TV hanging on the door oh and a lock from the inside....instant mommy room.....this will be done, I just need those wonderful men/boys in my life to help!



Just another day!


But a few things I have learned no matter if you are raising boys or girls or a mixture of both, treasure every moment, they grow too fast. You do not need to spoil your kids, they  will remember the time you spent with them, not the things you bought for them. Tell them you love them each and every day..even when they roll their eyes at you, and lastly listen to what they say, they may be trying to tell you something important and you may not even know it, if you don't listen.



Nicholas and my Aunt, hand in hand. Love this picture!



I know this...In My Life, sometimes I am overwhelmed with the testosterone that fills my house, but I wouldn't change a thing....except for that mommy room, Get crackin' boys!!



Without him, I wouldn't have any of this! Thank You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment