Saturday, July 21, 2012

Beezers...thank you




It has been a while since I commented on a favorite place to visit or eat, so there's no better time than the present! One of my very favorite local establishments was a place called Beezers.

Beezers opened in 1998 and owners Steve and Linda Bock fast became town favorites. Not only did they have ice cream, they had the Chicago Dog...and various other eats....but I am dwelling on the Chicago Dog.

Never heard of a Chicago Dog? Well let me introduce you.........
A Chicago Dog is more than just a Hot Dog; it's a taste sensation with the perfect blend of toppings. A Chicago Dog is a steamed all beef Hot Dog topped with yellow mustard, bright green relish, onions, tomato wedges, pickle spear or slice, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt served in the all-important steamed poppy seed bun.

Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is!!

My family and I frequented Beezers quite often during the summer months weather it was for a Chicago Dog or a lemon freeze or the all important vanilla twist with jimmies...(yes I said jimmies not sprinkles...it's a New England thing). Beezers was loved by everyone in town, and then in 2010 their landlord decided not to renew their lease and Beezers was no more....so many people were devastated, and not just because we would not be able to get our ice cream or food fix from them, because we truly cared for the Bocks. It's not often you have a local run establishment that you love to visit and can see and speak to the owners all the time.

Fast forward to 2012...Beezers is back! Although not in the same location and not as large as before, they are back. They have moved a short distance from where they previously were, and now reside at 277 Main St right next to Trombetta's Ice Cream. What a great combination Ice Cream and Hot Dogs, the only thing missing their famous french fries, but I am not complaining! I am so happy to have them back. They now have an array of different hot dogs to try like....Carolina Dog- topped with chili and southern style coleslaw, or the Pizza Dog- topped with marinara sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese, they even have a veggie version of the Chicago Dog!

Check out more on their website http://www.beezershotdogs.com/

So if you are in the neighborhood or even in the state for that matter, stop by Beezers for a great Chicago Dog and maybe a Coffee Frappe at Trombetta's (yes I said frappe, again a New England thing it's also known as a milkshake, but if you order a milkshake in New England that's what you'll get milk and syrup shaken...no ice cream)

Beezers and Trombetta's
277 Main St
Northborough Ma 01532

I know this...In My Life my favorite places will always bring a smile to my face, thank you Steve and Linda for making me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment