Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Awesomeness















My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
“If you’re going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.” 

My mother taught me RELIGION.
“You better pray that will come out of the carpet.” 

My mother taught me LOGIC.
“Because I said so, that’s why.” 

My mother taught me IRONY.
“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about!” 

My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
“I brought you into this world, and I can take you out..” 

My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
“Stop acting like your father!” 

My mother taught me about ENVY.
“There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.” 

My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
“Just wait until we get home.” 

My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
“You are going to get it when you get home!” 

My mother taught me GENETICS.
“You’re just like your father.” 

My mother taught me WISDOM.
“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.” 

My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you"

I have a 15 year old son who reads  my blog. I am grateful for 2 things about that. The first being that he actually is interested in what I am writing about, the second is that he is actually reading something other than what is written on his Facebook wall. 

I am often critiqued by him about what I write about, and this may sound funny but I appreciate what he has to say. So when he read my last blog Winner Winner Chicken Dinner he was a little miffed that he was only mentioned in a small part, and almost refused to read the rest.

He then told me I should write a post about him.....
"OK Brian, what should I call it?" 
His reply..... AWESOMENESS!

Seriously, are you kidding me? My 15 year old thinks he's awesome? Well I guess it's my job as a mom to tell his awesomeness story........Or at least try...

When I  was younger I always thought I would have children, and envisioned having 5 children, 3 boys and 2 girls. Well we all know that you can't pick what you give birth to, and so came my first....a bouncing baby boy. I was thrilled!


Minutes old and already awesome


Brian was born on a Wednesday,  2weeks after my due date, by Cesarean, 2 days after I was induced and it didn't work. 
He was 9lbs 13oz. I joke that I would still be pregnant with him if I didn't have the c-section. 
I guess this is his first feat of awesomeness.

No one ever told me how much fun and how hard it would be. My first few weeks with Brian were the toughest, he wasn't enjoying the formula he was on.....and before you think the worst of me, there was a medical reason why I did not breast feed...enough said. After we got him on the right formula he was great, or as he would say awesome!

He started walking at 11 months…by no means extraordinary, actually pretty average, ask him he would say he's awesome.


4 Generations!
Michael & Brian at the Basin in NH








Let's talk about food, when Brian was 4 1/2 we were at Sea World in Florida and stopped for lunch, where they had these giant club sandwiches. I was hungry, but didn't feel like eating a  huge sandwich, so Brian and I decided to share,  except I don't think he understood the concept.....I had 1 bite, and 1/2 a pickle and Brian ate the rest. That's his awesome appetite.

He started school like any normal child, and I was actually pretty excited because his writing was pretty decent, and the fact that his handwriting was legible was good too...fast forward 10 years and his handwriting is atrocious….here's where the awesomeness comes in ….when I ask about his terrible handwriting, he tells me its not bad, I just have my own font and that’s because I am awesome.


Brian"s awesome green Mohawk


"that's an AWESOME look"






Over the next couple of years Brian grew to be a very caring and kind, young boy. Or awesome in his words! I now have a 15 year old, who is still kind, and caring, (not all the time especially with his brothers, but would do anything for them) . I hope he doesn't change.


Very proud of my awesome son






I know this....In My Life raising children is a tough job, raising an awesome one is even tougher.










1 comment:

  1. Well Maryann, I happen to think he sounds pretty AWESOME..of course it has NOTHING to do with you or Michael.


    Lynne

    ReplyDelete