Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections

Happy New Years Eve!

This is a time of year when we all try to reflect on the year we are leaving behind, and begin to focus on the year ahead and what we want to accomplish. We lost many good people in 2011, probably one of the most notable was Steve Jobs, as I sit and type away on my Apple Computer I cannot help but think about the technology he left us with. 

Elizabeth Taylor, Lou Gorman, Randy "Macho Man" Savage,  Jeff "Kenickie" Conway, Clarence Clemons and the 463 military men and women are few others that I've been thinking of. (Don't ask why I was thinking of the "Macho Man" I must have been thinking about when I watched Saturday morning wrestling with my big brother when we were younger.)

I think I should also include our local firefighting heroes that we tragically lost in the line of duty this year: Tim Oliveira (Salisbury), Jon Davies (Worcester), and James Rice (Peabody).

But nearest and dearest to my heart would have to be my Uncle Brunello.

 I hadn't visited Italy for quite a while and was able to visit twice between October 2010 and April 2011. That October my uncle was not feeling well and shortly after we left he was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig's disease. What I didn't know about ALS is that it can progress slowly or in my uncle's case very rapidly. That prompted our visit to Italy in April. Brunello passed away in May. I was so blessed to have had the opportunity to visit with him once more, and for my husband and children to meet him. I was amazed to see how quickly the disease had progressed, it is a horrible disease and I pray for a cure in 2012.

If you are going o do anything in 2012 donate to a charity that is near and dear to you, I know I will be!




Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal- unknown.



I am looking forward to a fantastic 2012, lots of things on my mind for this new year. I hope to entertain you with my blog...or bore you to death, but you'll want to keep reading, because you'll never know when I'll talk about how to make shaving cream self portraits with your kids.  

                                Here's to a very happy, healthy, and prosperous 2012!





I know this...time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life, In My Life I will cherish every moment, and take the time to tell you how important you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment